Weeds are the bane of every gardener’s life. And the problem multiplies if you do nothing about it and its starts to get out of control. So, here are 5 great tips that will help you control your weeds effectively and make your garden look lush green and properly maintained:
- Usage of weed killers may be very effective if used at the right time of the year. To make weed killers more effective, you need to use them when the weather conditions are stable. Usually, the time period between March and September is ideal for using weed killer. One reason being that the weeds have increased on the surface area and will absorb the spray and the second being that the spray will not drift away and affect the other plants.
- After replanting an area when you have cleared the weeds, apply more of the weed killer to the soil in an appropriate amount so that it mixes with the soil and stops further re-growth of the weeds. But make sure that the amount of weed killer used is limited so as not to make the soil completely infertile.
- If there are climber weeds in your garden, gently unwind them and spray a weed killer like Glyphosate to the affected areas in proper proportions without causing harm to other plants.
- Make sure you mix and add the proportions of weed killers according to the area you want to use it on. Use hand sprayers if the area is small and concentrated formulas to apply to larger areas.
- To get the best results, use the weed killer when the soil is moist so that it absorbs the weed killer to the maximum extent providing your garden a long lasting treatment.
For more advice about weed control, please contact Garden Busters now.